Friday, August 3, 2012

Summer Updates on Sagan

Yeah, so summer arrived, and I got a little lazy about posting.  So here's your summary. :-)

Sagan is still taking rally obedience (Seattle Agility Center) and agility classes  (Vortex).  Here's a look at him in agility this past Wednesday:






He is doing well in there, and we did a few privates earlier in the summer with Andrea Dexter as well.

Sagan's doggie pool stopped allowing doggies, so we are looking at continuing his swimming at Happy Tails in Enumclaw, but we just haven't done it yet. :-)

Sagan is also doing Control Unleashed classes at Ahimsa, which is perfect for his needs right now.  He occasionally has some people issues, and predictability has dog reactivity in close proximity.  However, foro the first time in a year and a half, I feel like it is getting better.  With the myriad of behavior games I'm trying, I feel like he is able to THINK given the right amount of distance.  And finally, that distance is getting PREDICTABLE.  Before, it was a complete crap shoot as to how far away I had to be from his triggers.

I'm also now carrying with me, on our runs, citronella dog fight spray.  Don't ask me why this has helped my confidence, but it has.   My number one fear is off leash dog bombings.    Sagan has become a nice little running buddy.  We ran with someone and her two dogs earlier this week (a cattle dog/shepherd/basenji mix and a boston terrier/chi mix), and within about 5 minutes, they were running side by side.  Sagan didn't know what to make of the little dog.  I can run 5-6 miles with him now, no problem.   One of my New Year's Resolutions was to take him with me to 3 races.  We've done one, and I have one in mind next week, also.  Should be fun!

We are also still taking him to doggie daycare every other week.  Seems to be doing fine with all kinds of dogs there.

So there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment