Friday, April 1, 2011

The Rest of the Week

After I was about ready to throw in the towel with Sagan after Tuesday, Ross and I decided that he would take him the rest of this week.  Partially to give me a break, and partially to avoid Sagan having to sit in my car while our marching band practiced (Sagan is horrified of our marching band...)

So Ross sends me almost hourly updates about training, Sagan's fear, etc.  This is the last e-mail he sent me, titled "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" on Friday (Kerri is the head of housekeeping, who keeps him for a few hours a few times a week.):

Good:  Kerri said he did a great job with all the upper school girls that said hi to Sagan when they were coming down to do the laundry.

Bad (but not too bad):  He got really nervous when the grounds keeper walked into the office.  a little barking and when and hid behind her.  She told Marc to go away right away so he didn't stay scared.  (At least it wasn't a long time, and hopefully he felt protected by Kerri, can't control EVERYTHING.)

Ugly (but ultimately cute):  While I was teaching kindergarten he came running into my room, wagging his tail, ears back, tongue out obviously proud that he'd found me.  Fortunately the class (14 of 'em) were too stunned at seeing a puppy to respond.  He actually jumped up on one of the kids who was a rockstar and just stood there and took it.  I grabbed him as soon as I recovered from the shock.  He wasn't scared at all, 14 little bodies in the room standing in lines.  WOW.  Kerri showed up right after that and said they were playing with a water bottle (crinkly kind, evidently a fav).  Suddenly his ears perked up and he ran towards the door and took a flying leap over his kennel.  (apparently he can jump over it now...)  He must have heard my voice working with the kids and come a runnin'.  At least he made it to me and no one is worse for the wear.


He also did really well with the kids at our puppy class, who did "sit for greeting" with him during class.  So at least one good note is that we *might* not have a dog that will bite children.  That would be a plus. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment